Today, while working with Entity Framework, I noticed through SQL Profiler that my update queries were not using timestamp field. I looked into my model and found that my timestamp fields have
Concurrency Mode property set to
None. It was quite strange; The entity model was auto generated and I wonder why the EF designer could not identify my timestamp field (I remember Linq To SQL designer automatically took care of such fields). Anyway, I changed Concurrency Mode to Fixed and it worked great. So, as a final note, when generating entity model from database, don’t forget to set appropriate concurrency modes for your timestamp fields as it is not done by the designer itself.