Syed Mehroz Alam, living in Karachi, Pakistan, is a C# evangelist with more than 5 years extensive hands on experience of designing and developing Microsoft .NET based n-tier applications. He is also well experienced in leading development of software projects exceeding 7500 man hours. His brilliant academic career includes a B.E. degree in Computer Systems from NED University since 2006 and an MS(Computer Science) degree from National University (FAST) since 2009.
Mehroz loves to discover, learn and master all aspects of .NET and SQL Server. He has developed rich internet enterprise applications using Silverlight in addition to the traditional ASP.NET and Windows Forms applications. He has hands on experience with Microsoft ORMs like Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL. He has developed applications using cutting edge technologies including WCF services, .NET RIA services and ADO.NET data services.
Despite developing rich internet applications, Mehroz has worked with all three components of SQL Business Intelligence Studio: SSIS, SSRS and SSAS for developing BI Solutions and Data warehouse. He loves to write complex TSQL queries and evaluate his skills by participating in various TSQL Challenges.
His CodeProject article listing can be viewed here.
His MSDN profile can be found here.
Mehroz is fond of logical challenges and has also won several programming competitions, some of which are listed below:
- 1st position in Silverlight competition held at Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology in Aug 2008
- 1st position in Softec 2006, 2nd All Asia and 11th All Pakistan Dynamic Programming Competition, organized by Fast-NU, Lahore in Mar 2006
- 2nd position in ProQuest 05 Dynamic Programming Competition organized by Karachi University in Nov 2005
- 3rd position in Softec 2005, 1st All Asia and 10th All Pakistan Dynamic Programming Competition organized by Fast-NU, Lahore in Mar 2005
- 1st position in All Pakistan National Software Competition organized by Computer Society of Pakistan in 1999
He has also won several TSQL challenges which are listed below: